Colorado Lawyer Team was founded with the vision of being ambitious rebels and fighting the system from the inside out all while treating clients (and each other) like VIPs. We’re currently looking for a remote receptionist who wants to join our team and help us achieve justice and fair outcomes for our clients while not sacrificing our souls. We are hoping to hire and train someone who fits with our culture–legal experience is a plus, but not necessary. Long-term career advancement in the legal field is a distinct possibility with this role.
- Paperless, full remote firm
- Always learning and improving
- Loyal to each other
- Flexible and responsive
- Great communicators
- Use innovation to serve ourselves and clients better
- Back up 24/7 receptionist service provided (for PTO, sick leave, nights/weekends)
- Dedicated helpdesk for software systems
- Respect each other’s boundaries
- Freedom to speak your mind without judgment
Job Opportunity Details
This receptionist will work closely with the sales and marketing lead and our CEO but will also interact daily with the entire team. Our robust team includes a paralegal, an associate and special counsel attorneys, an office administrator, contract investigators, contract social workers, and others. Our clients are usually in litigation (criminal, family, or civil) or dealing with employment disputes (both employer- and employee-side). We are a rapidly expanding firm and looking for someone who enjoys a fast-paced and fun office atmosphere.
This is a full-time position for 35 hours a week with the expectation that the staff member will work from home most days of the week since the firm is—and has always been—a paperless, virtual law firm. The receptionist will be expected NOT to work nights, weekends, holidays (including a full week off between Christmas and the New Year). Residency in Colorado is not required but preferred merely for tax purposes.
The staff member will have huge growth opportunities, including the ability to work on exciting legal technology projects, learn about all manner of litigation issues, and take courses designed to help them achieve their individual goals. On-the-job training is provided—seriously we often UNtrain the bad habits acquired at other firms—and self-starters are encouraged. We value and trust our employees, and we give enough space to allow everyone to flourish while also making ourselves available for questions at any time. We maintain one of the best work atmospheres with weekly team meetings, annual in-person retreats (even if we fly you in!), great holiday parties, and we pay bonuses based on our team’s ability to “live our core values.”
- High speed internet for zoom/webex and remote office work
- Reliable phone service
- We will provide a computer, docking station, home monitors, all-in-one printer, and other necessary equipment as appropriate
About the Position & Salary Range
You will be joining a small team that works hard and plays harder. We’re fun-loving and innovative—we are NOT like other law firms (seriously, look at any of our social media to know more). We’re looking for the right fit, and, ideally, a long-term relationship. The initial 90-day period is a trial period to ensure capabilities and performance meet our needs and we have the right fit with our culture and team. After 90 days, compensation may be revisited accordingly.
- Initially, 35,000-40,000 per year (gross) depending on experience
- Monthly reimbursements for phone/internet use and mileage for firm commitments
- Discretionary bonuses quarterly for performance
- Dedicated bonus pool for teammates to award one another for living our core values (ask us about our “Rogue Raves”)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance package and benefits
- Short-term/ long-term disability benefits and Employee Assistance Program
- Non-owned auto and commercial umbrella coverages to protect what’s yours
- Quarterly wellness stipend and/or wellness initiative
- Office pets encouraged!
- Robust PTO, sick leave, and leave of absence policies with flexible work hours and locations
- Regular capacity check-ins to ensure burnout and overwhelm don’t occur
- Healthy work-life balance is mandatory
- Research and case management
- Client and court communications and scheduling
- Not responsible for collections or payments
- Part of the best team imaginable!
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent typing skills required
- Experience answering phones or in a customer service role required
- Experience working as a team (did you captain your HS athletic team? Great!)
- Hardworking self-starter who takes initiative
- Never can learn enough/ continual improvement
- Comfortable in a virtual environment
- Client-service oriented
- Tech-savvy required (we don’t do Word Perfect)
- Ability to learn new computer skills with appropriate training a must (are you familiar with or willing to learn Slack, Trello, and Canva?)
- Good sense of humor (we’re not about prestige, if you can’t tell, so humor AND humility is a bonus)
How to Apply: Email your resume and a short (3 paragraphs or less) statement of interest explaining how you’re a rebel and why you want this job to: email@example.com.