Criminal Defense Lawyer in Denver, Colorado
Criminal Defense is a broad term that covers everything from petty offenses in municipal court to serious felony matters in district court. The good news is that we handle all of it. We work to ensure clients have efficient criminal defense no matter what level of offense they’ve been charged with. Because although it may not be a life or death case for us, it’s still our clients’ lives, and we care about their well-being.
If you or a loved one were charged with a crime in Denver, Boulder, Arapahoe, Jefferson, Adams, and Douglas, CO, contact our office today!
What Charges Do Criminal Attorneys Cover in Denver/Boulder?
We draw heavily on our time prosecuting cases to know how to defeat the DA’s case! We have experience in many criminal defense matters, including, but not limited to:
- Felony defense
- Sex crimes
- Misdemeanor cases
- Juvenile law
- Domestic violence
- Drugs & paraphernalia cases
- Probation violations
- Sealing and expungement
- Noise and other municipal violations
- Marijuana law
- Burglary and theft
- Weapons charges
- Protection Orders
Our Douglas and Denver criminal attorneys often receive specific inquiries about the following offenses, what they encompass, and how they might proceed in court.
Get the best legal representation for your DUI/DWAI case
Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or Driving While Ability Impaired (DWAI) refers to criminal cases in which an individual was charged with a crime related to driving a car or truck while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Depending on the details of the case, legal repercussions may vary significantly. Our criminal attorneys are highly experienced in handling DUI/DWAI cases.
Women Offenders – We Have Your Back
When representing female clients who were charged with a crime, our attorneys receive a good deal of questions regarding how the client can expect to be treated in Denver criminal court. Regardless of gender, we put 100% of our efforts into ensuring the best possible outcome for our clients.
Don’t Let First Criminal Mistake Ruin Your Future
Everyone makes mistakes due to lapses in judgment or other circumstances we didn’t plan for, and our Colorado criminal lawyers believe that one mistake shouldn’t demolish a person’s future. We will take every step to help first-time offenders return to a normal life.
Resources for Criminal Defense in Denver, Colorado
Here are some helpful resources that provide answers to the questions we often get from clients:
- What constitutes an economic crime?
- How do domestic violence cases affect custody?
- What are the DMV consequences of my criminal case?
- What is restitution?
- Why does a criminal lawyer in Denver cost so much?
- Will my criminal case impact my family law situation?
- What’s the difference between a DUI and DWAI?
Interested in Family Law help? Check out our webpage here.
Get Support for Your Denver Criminal Court Case
Our office serves the Denver, CO area, which includes Boulder, Arapahoe, Jefferson, Adams, and Douglas, Colorado. Our Denver criminal defense attorneys include:
Though it is possible to represent yourself in a criminal case, many dangers outweigh the benefits of being a pro se litigant (the official title of self-representation). The internet can provide some good, high-level information to help you better understand aspects of your criminal case, but sole reliance on it to prepare you to defend your own case comes with serious risks.
The reality is that any criminal matter will not only involve the application of the law but also a deep understanding of the facts of the case and a strategic approach to presenting those facts in a defense proceeding. An even greater risk of relying solely on the web for legal research is that published information can become outdated. Laws change, both through legislation and case law, and not all websites will update their content to reflect all such changes.
When it comes to showing up in court and arguing your case, you must also face the rules of criminal procedure, the judge, and the opposing counsel. Unless you’ve actually got experience appearing in court, filing documents with the court, etc., the stress alone of figuring this part out could derail an otherwise decent defense. You stand to lose a lot of credibility with a jury when it’s clear you don’t have your act together in the courtroom.
So, how does representation from our Arapahoe and/or Denver criminal defense lawyers differ from self-representation?
Well, for starters, we’re experienced. Our attorneys have been practicing for years, and in doing so, we have dedicated our careers to being fluent in the areas of law in which we practice. Our attorneys take updated informational courses (CE or Continuing Education) to remain constantly aware of the issues we cover.
Aside from being experienced criminal defense attorneys, we’re also devoted and diligent lawyers. We don’t treat our clients like they’re just another case number. When you hire us to defend you, we understand that you’re trusting us with your livelihood. You can rely on us not only as attorneys but also as human beings who understand the difficulty and complexity of your case. With this in mind, we work hard to provide the best defense possible.
The Cost of Criminal Defense in Denver, Colorado
A question you may have for us at the Colorado Lawyer Team is: why do we charge what we do?
Although this can become a complex answer, here are five basic points:
- Our fee structure can vary from flat rate to hourly, with or without a retainer. We assess a case to determine how much legal research is involved, how much drafting is involved, and how much active negotiation with the opposing party is involved.
- Our fees may increase when we go to court. Going to court to represent you involves making representations to the judge, the court staff, the other lawyers, the witnesses, and even the jury. This is our credibility; this is our livelihood. We have to prepare legal arguments and analyze the facts of your case extensively before going to court.
- Our fees reflect our experience as attorneys. All of our attorneys have been practicing for a long time. We charge more (but not above average) because we have spent years becoming experts in the areas of law in which we practice.
- Our fees are lower than other prestigious lawyers. We are also a smaller firm, unlike the big law firms employing over 50 legal professionals. We also run a virtual law office, meaning you have access to us nearly 100% of the time via email, phone, and text.
- Our fees ensure we can tell a client we’ll be there every step of the way. We will tell you what we should worry about and what we shouldn’t.
Looking for legal representation? Not sure if hiring an attorney is the right thing for you? Consider reaching out to our attorneys at the Colorado Lawyer Team for a FREE 30-minute consultation. We practice law in Denver, Boulder, Arapahoe, Jefferson, Adams, and Douglas, CO.
With family law and criminal law specialties, our experienced, dedicated, and tireless attorneys may just be the representation you need! Find more information on our website or call us at (970) 344-9401.